More and more studies are being written about the benefits if owning a dog and the impact it has on individuals and families.
Here are just some of the benefits of owning a dog:
- Regular dog walking improves fitness
- Become more resistant to allergies and get sick less
- Increased happiness and wellbeing
- Stroking a dog lowers blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart disease
- They reduce loneliness and help overcome grief
- Playing with your dog lifts your mood, making you feel happy and calm
- Children who have grown up around animals learn empathy earlier in life
- They can provide excellent home security
- They owning a dog teaches responsibility
- They can be trained to help people with disabilities allowing them to lead a more independent life
- They provide years of entertainment
- They are great for your social life and can help you make new friends
- They can get you involved in new dog activities and social communities like Dog walking groups, Agility groups, Fly ball Groups and Canicross groups (see our blog on Activities for dogs)
They can round up your sheep!
How do you find you benefit from Owning a dog?