Are you looking for a new challenge and fancy joining our team? We are looking for hard working, reliable and trustworthy people to take care of our clients pets.
We are looking for experienced dog handlers to join our team on a part time basis. Extra hours may be available with growth of the business. You must have a good level of fitness and be ready to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Dog walking is a position of great responsibility and trust and these qualities are as essential as experience with dogs.
Applicants are welcome if they meet the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation and must be well organised
- Experienced dog handler ideally with more than one dog at a time
- Pet care experience (especially dogs) either as a pet owner or professional experience in an animal related position either paid or voluntary
- Adept at using initiative
- Extremely reliable and trustworthy
- Hard working
- Flexibility with working hours
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- A full clean UK driving license and able/willing to provide own transport with the necessary insurances in place (mileage allowance to be paid)
- A clean DBS check (if not we can apply for a new check for you)
It is also beneficial for applicants to possess the following:
- Team spirit. We support each other and work closely together.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, think on your feet, avoid risks and deal with unexpected events in a level headed manner.
- Knowledge, experience and confidence with animals- especially dogs.
- Knowledge of canine behaviour and positive reinforcement training methods or the willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills. The majority of your day will be spent with dogs but you must have the ability to speak with customers on a regular basis and provide them with updates.
Weekly hours available: 15-20 split over 3/4 days initially
If you are interested in applying for a position with us please send your CV by email along with a covering letter outlining your relevant experience to [email protected].