Have you seen dogs out with a Yellow Bandana, a yellow ribbon, vest or lead? do you know what this Yellow Marker means?
What is Yellow Dog UK?
The Yellow Dog Project is a registered charity created to bring awareness to dogs who need space while training, recovering from surgery, or being rehabilitated.
Why might a dog need space?
It is not about aggression, not all dogs that needs space are aggressive or unsocial… they may;
- have health issues or recovering from surgery
- be a rescue dog being rehabilitated. The world can be a very scary place for these dogs.
- have had a bad experience with another dog or is just not like the kind of friendly dogs which always want to say “Hi!”
- be a bitch may be in heat
- be in training
- be very old and arthritic
- be nervous or shy and other dogs cause it stress
What to do if you see a Yellow Ribbon?
If you see a dog with a YELLOW ribbon, bandana or similar on the leash or on the dog, this is a dog which needs some space. Please, do not approach this dog or its people with your dog. They are indicating that their dog cannot be close to other dogs. How close is too close? Only the dog or his people know, so maintain distance and give them time to move out of your way.
In short, a yellow marker on a dog means it needs some space.
Yellow Dog UK is a registered charity helping to bring awareness to those dogs that need space. If you have a dog that needs space, you can get your own Yellow Ribbon from their Website https://www.yellowdoguk.co.uk/